SPOILER ALERT: We’ve been really slow about getting the lagniappes out this year, so half of you haven’t received them yet. If you don’t want to know what’s on it yet, stop reading here.
- Glad You Came – The Wanted
Super Senbei and Friends in . . . Metropolis Island Part Two (see Dr. Slump manga on reverse)
- Take It Easy – The Eagles
There is now a statue of a man standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona.
- Almost Home – Triumphant Quartet
Heard this on the radio while driving from Raleigh to the Outer Banks.
- I Believe – The Book Of Mormon Original Broadway Cast
Liked the “All About Mormons” South Park episode better.
- Falling Slowly – Glen Hansard
Always wanted to use this song in a lagniappe but forgot until it came to Broadway this year
- Ride Of The Valkyries – Richard Wagner
Finally saw Apocalypse Now.
- สายล่อฟ้า (Sai loh fah) – Asanee – Wasan อัสนี-วสันต์
Speed metal just waiting to be the entrance music for a Thai relief pitcher.
- Love You Like a Love Song – Selena Gomez & The Scene
This year’s “I Should Be so Lucky”.
- I Am The Walrus – The Beatles
Heard during Olympics; inspired Craig Kilborn reference to the immortal Pooh Richardson.
- Things have changed – Curtis Stigers
- Libiamo, ne’lieti calici – Verdi’s La Traviata
Saw a lot of opera this year, but this is for Patryk singing this while we were driving around for Darlene and Nick’s wedding, or was it walking around NYC at 3 AM?
- Leaving Las Vegas – Sheryl Crow
Joe drove from Fremont Street to Death Valley after fried chicken monstrosity at Hash House A Go Go.
- The Scientist – Willie Nelson
Should have been anthem for California’s Proposition 37.
- Biggest Part Of Me – Ambrosia
Celia found this TIME-LIFE opening act more interesting than Alan Parsons Project
- Summertime – Ella Fitzgerald
Like Rigoletto, Porgy and Bess has twisted characters and plot, but we couldn’t miss Audra McDonald in this.
- Goodbye Horses – Garvey
“It rubs the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again.”
- The Painted Desert – 10,000 Maniacs
Requisite soundtrack for Petrified Forest National Park.
- 2000 Miles – The Pretenders
The rare “Christmas” song that we would voluntarily play year around.
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours – Stevie Wonder
Sitar opening in memory of Ravi Shankar.